Friday, August 22, 2014

Tuesday was a dhuh day.

Tuesday was a dhuh day. My brain was in a total fog. I had not slept well the night before and was not my usual wide awake self.    I was on my way to work when I realized my gas light was on.  I had no idea of how long the light was on.  Could be minutes or days.  The light is hidden by the way I hold the wheel.  I just happened to look down at the right time and realized it was on.  Just great.  So I figure out where the next gas station is and think I "should" have enough gas to make it there.  Four blocks later I pull into the lot and turn off the key.  Then  I see the little pieces of paper they have taped to the tanks.  NO GAS..... SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE .  A man comes over to assist me and tells me the nearest gas station is about 20 or so blocks away. Great!  Keeping my fingers crossed that I had enough gas, I hit every red light on my rush to get there.  I was  sure that I was coasting along on fumes when I pulled into the gas station with working pumps.  I cosy up to the pump, turn off the key and get out of the car.  Unbelievable!  I am on the wrong side.  SIGH. Over and over in my head, I am saying "pacer passenger, pacer passenger" because the pacer car we had before also had the gas tank on the passenger side and this is a memory reminder for me.  Or at least it is suppose to be. Our van has the gas tank on the opposite side so my mantra usually works.  Apparently not that day. Anyway,   I get back in the car, pull around and stop, get out and again I am in the wrong position. I do this one more time before I  finally have the gas tank and the pump lined up .in the right position.  It is early.  I am tired and am really thinking how badly I need a coffee.  There are no other vehicles around. Mine is the lone car in a huge parking lot.  I know, for a fact, that the clerk in the store has been watching me drive around and around the  lot, pulling up in the wrong position and then driving around to try it again. He must have thought I was a  total air head. I must say that he was very professional when I went in to pay. He didn't laugh at me right away,  He waited until I laughed and said  to him that it was going to be one of those days.  Then he laughed and said "Ya think?"   SIGH!!  Tuesday was a dhuh day.

No comments: