Tuesday, October 21, 2008

No Gloves or Mittens and Freezing Fingers


I couldn't find my gloves or mittens this evening when I left work. I didn't bother looking for them this morning. Yes, it was cool out around 8:15 AM but it's always cool that time of the morning at this time of the year. Yes, people kept coming into the office this morning and telling me how cold it was outside but I thought they were just wimpy about the fall weather. Yes, I heard that Drayton, which is a half hour drive north of us, got snow but they are north of us and are in a snow belt. Yes, I am in denial and think that October is really early for snow but really, it isn't' is it? So when I came out of work at 5 PM and realised that my spring coat was not warm enough and that my fingers were cold by the time I got to the car, I went into my glove compartment to get my gloves (where else would your keep them?) or a pair of mittens. Awwkkk.....niether were there! I drove home with freezing fingers. Hmmmmm.......now where did I put those gloves? I will make sure I have them for tomorrow and I will wear a warmer coat for sure. Right now I had better go outside and bring in my geraniums because I don't think they will make it through the night if left out. Rats! No gloves or mittens....maybe those plants will be OK if left outside or maybe Hubby John will take pity on me and do it for me. Better yet I will just use oven mitts. They'll work in a pinch. LOL!
They sure beat having no gloves or mittens and freezing fingers.

2 comments:

Gingham Skies said...

Speaking about things missing from cars, I have your umbrella still. Sorry!

Two Peas In a Pod said...

I have been wearing mitts for a couple of weeks now. I hate having cold fingers. I hope you find your mitts soon.
Cheers Kyla