Thursday, October 23, 2008

Crafty Things, Thrifty Finds and Stuff I Like,


We dropped by Talize tonight, which lately has been my thrift shop of choice. Hubby John was tired after a very busy day so he waited in the car while I quickly ran in with a promise of just a few minutes and then we could go home. I was looking for a few books for the two of us to read. Specifically any of the Kay Scarpetta novels by Patricia Cornwall. Hubby John has just started reading them and has not really decided if he is a Scarpetta fan or not. I have been hooked on them for a few years now and have decided that I would like to own them all. Of course being as cheap as I am means that I only pick them up at second hand/thrift stores or garage sales. So if I only get one or two a year than that's all I get. No matter. I will eventually have them all. Anyway, as I was saying, I stopped at Talize tonight but did not have luck in finding any Patricia Cronwall books. I did however find a book from the "Avalon" series called Ancestors of Avalon which was written by Dianna L.Paxson. Ms. Paxson continued on writing the "Avalon" series which she had previously co-written with Marion Zimmer Bradley before MZB's death in 1999. Both Hubby John and I were pleased to see that the series has continued. I also found a new children's series that looks like we will enjoy reading. The books are written by John Vornholt. They are the called The Troll King and The Troll Queen. These books look like they will be fun reading. Nothing too laborious. Just some light fantasy reading with your usual trolls, gnomes, ogres, magicians and things that go bump in the night. There is another book in this series that I will keep my crafty eye out for too. On the way to the checkout with my books I snagged a beautiful new note card/calendar set that came in a beautiful keepsake box with a ballerina scene on it. Sitting on the shelf beside it was a pretty little case covered with lilacs. These two cases will eventually become gift/keepsake boxes for someone. Wow, was I happy with my finds! Five great, new and new looking items for $11.53 cents after tax. How great is that? A whirlwind ten minute shopping spree and I get crafty things, thrifty finds and stuff I like!

2 comments:

Two Peas In a Pod said...

I love finding great stuff at op shops glad you were so lucky to find all those treasures. Cheers Kyla

Gingham Skies said...

You're always finding great goodies! We really do have to go on a thrift shop hunt soon...