Monday, September 23, 2013

I Won't Sweat The Small Stuff!

The trouble with getting older is not the loss of years, or saying keys when you meant car or saying "I can't think of the word" when you know perfectly well what the word is but you can't spit it out.  Or forgetting where you put what it is you are looking for and can't find. No, those are minor annoyances that you deal with as they happen.  What is really frustrating, to me, is not being able to work with small items as well as I used to.  I feel like my fingers are all thumbs.  They are so clumsy. Hubby John is putting up a new shed.  I help where I can.  I find  trying to hold the small screws and nuts and bolts is not as easy as it used to be.  A touch of arthritis in the hands does not help.  Crafting is still fun but I tend to get frustrated working with the little bits of glimmer, adornments and bling.   I am having to learn to do old things in new ways.  It's a learning process that I have a feeling will be mine from now until the end of my time.  Oh well....if that is the worse that I have to complain about then I guess my life is really good.  So I will throw in my crying towel and quit complaining.  Now,  where did I put my....you know...the thing you plug in that gets hot and sticks stuff together....oh yah,  glue gun.  Grrrr..Not to worry.  It's all good.  I'll just use tape and I won't sweat the small stuff!

No comments: