Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Thrifting, Laziness and Salad for Supper.

I have been tired, again, lately and have just not bothered with posting anything. It is pure laziness on my part. I have done a very little bit of thrifting over the past few weeks and gotten some REALLY REALLY good buys. I will try to post about them in the next few weeks. I have been very good and haven't gone to Michael's since mid January.....and for me that's really good stuff. I did get out to the dollar store, once or twice and have gone to the thrift stores a few times. That's all been done on the weekends and my days off though. On the days that I work, once I am home and supper is eaten and dishes are washed up, I start a downhill slide to tiredness. Once I park myself in front of the boob tube, all I do is fall asleep until it's time to get up and go to bed. So that's why I have been too lazy to post on the blog. I have managed to read a few of my "blogs that make me go Ohh" but have not really left any comments on them either. Now that I have slept most of January away I thought it would be a good idea to get my butt in gear and do something constructive. So, here I am, back on the blog and ready to post. Not necessarily every day but a few times a week at the least.
I do want to thank Hubby John, for making suppers most of last month and this. We are trying to eat more healthy and so we are eating a lot of salads at supper. That's OK because we both love salad. The good thing is that HJ usually makes enough so that I can take leftovers to work for lunch the next day. Yummy! Some nights we don't have a meat dish with supper and that's OK too! There is nothing wrong with just veggies. They are good for us! We both need to shed some pounds for sure! So now I am going to sign off. I am going to read a few of my fave blogs and then I am going to watch some TV. I promise not to fall asleep in front of it tonight. If I start drifting off I'll get up and go to bed. So watch for me......I'll be posting more regular... I promise!

2 comments:

Amy said...

It is easy to feel like hibernating in Jan.
Here's to Feb. and a renewed frequent blog post begining....I know I will be stopping by to check up on you!!
Save me some salad, I like it too!! We usually have lots of salad dinners in the summer but need to have more of them in the cold months. I guess it is harder to give up the heavier comfort foods when it it 5 degrees outside!!
Amy

Amy said...

I forgot to say, "Thanks for the visit and comment" at my blog. I am glad to find a kindred spirit for architecture interest!
Amy