Thursday, February 11, 2010

Let the games begin!

I am looking forward to the Olympics, which start tomorrow. All those athletes from around the world converging here in Canada to go for the gold. How exciting! I wish them all good luck!!! I wish they could all win...don't you? I just hate it that someone has to loose...don't you? I also hate that they can't do the winter sports in the summer when it's warmer....don't you?
And I just hate it when you think everything is just hunky dory and then.... BHAM!!!! your perfect little life is thrown into complete disarray......don't you?
I was smug in my thinking that the spiders actually listened to me when I went downstairs to the basement. I would announce my presence and remind them all that if they approached me in any way, shape or manner, it would be taken as an act of aggression and I would be forced to defend myself to the death....their death that is. I was smug in my thinking only because I haven't seen anything scurrying out of my path for some time now. I was smug in thinking that Baby Cat Oscar was keeping them in check for me. That somehow that little purr-ball was actually doing something useful and contributing to the household. That he was making up for all we do for him, like buying special anti fur-ball food....which, I might add, costs a small fortune. I also thought that maybe, just maybe, Hubby John had killed them all for me as a "just because your so special and such a nice person and you deserve this" present.
BOY.....WAS I WRONG!
Last night I went down to the basement to change a load of wash over to the dryer. I always hang my jeans up to dry. I was standing on my little stool to reach the line with one pair of wet jeans dangling from my hand and one pair thrown over my shoulder, when a piece of thread brushed my face. I brushed away the thread away twice and then tried to see it again so I could pull it off the jeans. I couldn't find it so just I finished hanging up the jeans and went back upstairs. No big deal right??? Little did I know what was lurking down there......waiting.....patiently....knowing I would be back to put the second load over.
Contrary to what some people think, spiders are NOT STUPID. They know when to hide and when to dive and they do it very fast and efficiently. Do you see where this is going?
Yes, a little bit later, silly me did go back downstairs and as I walked over towards the washer disaster struck. I don't know who moved faster....me or that stupid spider. I didn't even get a chance to scream, yell or faint. I went to take a step and BHAM!....there is was... hanging on a thread... right in front of my face. We were eye to eye and nose to nose....do spiders have noses?......and I reacted without even thinking. I reached down, grabbed a towel off the pile and
SQUISH!!!.....ONE DEAD SPIDER.
So there you have it.....they're back.......ready for the fight.
But that's OK.....I have a few tricks up my sleeve too.....so they had better not get too cocky....
Hit me with your best shot you icky spiders...I'm ready and waiting......
LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

1 comment:

Gingham Skies said...

Poor little spidey. I didn't know you had it in you mom! No yelling for dad? Just SQUISH! You've come a long way Spider Killer. :)