Monday, April 13, 2009

What a great way to start my day.

In all the excitement of Easter I forgot to tell you that I went Christmas shopping on Saturday. Yes it's true...I really did! Actually what I did was go to my first garage sale of the year where I bought Christmas stuff. I just nipped across the road and viola!...there it was. I bought a cute little silver tree hung with silver jingle bells, a new little glass Christmas tree plate, a brand new fuzzy red stocking with white trim and best of all eight napkin holders. I plan on trimming the napkin holders with tiny red bows and turning them into decorations. They were too pretty to just leave them there. I also bought a new book to read. I did show some restraint. I didn't buy the Santa that said...Ho..Ho..Ho.. and wiggled when you pushed a button. Although now that I think of it, it would have made a great re-gift. Rats!... LOL! I did feel a little bit guilty about going on a buying rampage but I don't think the $3.75 that I spent at the sale will break us too much. Anyway that was a fun half hour for me. I do love going thrifting and to garage sales. It makes me smile thinking I got new stuff for next to nothing. Sigh....... I was truly a happy camper. What a great way to start my day.

1 comment:

Tolentreasures said...

congrats on the finds! I cannot wait for yard sale season..think that I am in withdrawal!

Cathy