Thursday, March 26, 2009

My brain cells are going to need it.

I haven't posted for a week or so. I have been too tired to do much of anything and I was sick this past weekend but I am starting to feel much better. I am planning to clean house on Saturday.....hmmmmm......maybe I am still running a fever?!? LOL! Not really, I mean I am not really running a fever, not that I am not going to clean house...Now I feel dizzy.... Actually I am really feeling MUCH better and tonight I started visiting some of the "Blogs that make me go Ohhh..."and after reading a certain blog, WELL, Ohhhhhh....I am sooooo excited! I just can't hide it!!! (hmmm.....I am aging myself....do you know that song?)
Thank you Abigail from theodesign!
I adore Abigail's illustrations and her blog and I am a faithful reader of it.
A while back I won a wonderful assorted package of prints and post cards from her.
Daughter Jaime mentioned how certain ones would look good in her office so I gave a few of them to her along with some thrifted frames I had bought, as part of her February B-Day gift. (she is still waiting for the rest of her gift) No, the post cards weren't in the frames....I am not that organized. It was a DIY type of gift.
But I digress.
As I was saying Abigail posted a blog about a video that she had found that demonstrated how to transfer a design from paper to wood. I have posted the video link here.
I watched the video and am anxiously waiting to try the application for myself.
I have some neat wooden boxes that I had picked up a few months/years back and I think the time has come to get creative with them. I had been wondering if I should paint them or maybe do a rub-on transfer with them but paper to wood using my own design will be most excellent. I am going back to go back to the link to see if there is anything on video involving slate or tile transfers. THAT would be really cool too!
Anyway, as soon as I get my printer ink cartridges replaced I will be good to go. It may be a few weeks before the cash flow allows that to happen but that's OK! Half the fun will be thinking up the designs I want to use and that doesn't cost anything.....except for a few brain cells that will probably die off when they realize that they are actually being used for something besides spider solitaire or proofing business cards.
I will be sure to post a picture once I do the deed.
Wish me luck......my brain cells are going to need it.

No comments: