Saturday, January 24, 2009

You'll be glad that you did.

I am not a good photographer so please be forewarned that these pictures do not come close to showing how wonderful this original artwork really looks like. I apologize to the artist for this.
I am finally getting around to bragging about my wonderful package of artwork that I won from Abbie at theodesigns back on November 16Th in 2008. I love her work and I am tickled pink that I am now the proud owner of some of her designs. Here are small tags, postcards and labels.
Very foreign looking.
So charming.
Her drawings are so delicate and whimsical.



This is an ad advertising a happening at the Green Beetle, which I think may be a club of some kind. The happening???? . Well let me see...Hmmm.... Maya, (I call the girl Maya because she reminds me of someone with that name) is holding an armful of shoes. Mary Jane's are a type of shoe for those of you who didn't know.
So I wonder if the happening is an all girl band or maybe a really big "shoe".... pun intended.





Abbie's work is great, don't you agree?



There are four cards that I can use for postcards,
pictures or maybe incorporate into a
greeting card of some sort.
Lots of ideas spring
to mind just
looking at them.
From a black and white
actual postcard
to a shades of blue robot
I'll have fun just deciding
what I am going to do with them.



A beautiful white and blue mask
with red in it to add mystery.
Maybe to spy upon or to be coquettish.
So many possibilities.
Just in time for Valentines day,
or birthdays or maybe
to be saved for
a very special something
during the year.
I'll see what happens.
For me the adventure is just beginning.
For you I suggest that you take a minute or five
or ten and slip over and visit Abbie.
I know you'll be glad that you did.

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Ohhhhh I am jealous!
A birthday for a certain special someone is coming up, did you know that? No, I am not referring to your grandbaby's birthday... another baby of yours though, and it's a girl.
One of those little post cards would look super sweet in a simple frame hanging on a certain soon-to-be-birthday girl's sewing room wall. *nudge nudge hint hint*

Abigail said...

I'm so glad you liked the package; it was a lot of fun putting together :-)

Amy said...

Great art!!!
Thanks for the kind words on my baby boomer TV post at my blog.
Glad to have you visit!!
Amy

Amy said...

I like your version for my Fantasy Family game!!
Amy

LiLi M. said...

Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me such a sweet comment. Of course you can enter my give away! That's what One World one heart is all about. Getting to know people from all over the world, so you are most welcome and I have put your name in the hat already!

Nice to meet you! You are a lucky girl receiving all these pieces of art. I'm going to check the artists' blog too. Cu!