Sunday, April 27, 2008

This is My Favourite..........

I have joined the ranks of hundreds, well maybe not hundreds, but a lot of blogger's who write a blog on a specific subject. Each week a different theme is picked by a different blogger. This weeks theme was chosen by http://http://www.threebuttons.blogspot.com/.
I am a bookworm. I love words. I love to read. So when I saw this weeks MY FAVOURITE theme was about a book, I was in a real bind...no pun intended.
This was a really hard theme for me. How can I pick one book out of hundreds of books that I have read, some of them over and over again? I had to be brave and choose only one so I got scientific. I closed my eyes, pointed my finger and said the magic words.... eanie, meanie, miney, moe.


MY FAVOURITE BOOK.........
OUTLANDER is one of my all time favourite books. It is the first book in a series by author Diana Gabaldon .
Although it is a fiction, Ms. Gabaldon infuses her stories with historical fact. If you like historical romance then you should read this book. Even if your are not into history this book is a good read.
This book is about a woman by the name of Claire (nee Beauchamp). She is a married to Frank Randall. The time period is during the second world war. While in Scotland on her honeymoon Claire is transported back through time to the eighteenth century via a cluster of standing stones. She meets a dashing, handsome, younger man and her once uncomplicated life suddenly becomes complicated.
This is all I am saying about this book. I don't want to give the story away. Please be warned that you will most likely get hooked on the series should you decide to follow Claire's adventure. You can get more Outlander storyline by following this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlander_%28novel%29
Anyway, if you haven't read this book yet, what are you waiting for? If you have read it, then what are you waiting for? Any good book is worth a second look and if it is worth a second look then you know it's a good read.

1 comment:

Maureen Reynolds said...

Well.... I'm waiting till I finish the 4 'holds' form the library that all came in at once this week! An overflow of abundance. ;-)